STEP ONE: Get Pre-Approved with a Lender. Prior to our viewing homes, contact a lender to get pre-approved. It only takes a few minutes and lets us know exactly what your spending guidelines are for your new home. This simple step makes a world of difference for two very important reasons:
- It minimizes the chances of viewing homes that you fall in love with only to find that they are just beyond your reach.
- It allows me to walk in integrity with you (the Buyer) and with the Seller because anytime I bring a Buyer into a Seller’s home, I am communicating that if this is the right property, my Buyer is READY, WILLING and ABLE to write an offer to purchase it right now. In essence…they are pre-approved. Below is a list of Preferred Lenders. Please contact one of them at your earliest convenience so that we can begin your home search.
Bill Myers, Senior Mortgage Banker, NMLS 627355
Ameris Bank ~ 770-317-3811
[email protected] http://amerisbankmortgage.com/banker/BillMyers
Oscar David Rodriguez, NMLS 212961
Sunview Mortgage ~ 770-313-3746
Lori Stanjevich, Senior Loan Officer, NMLS #544322
Supreme Lending ~ 404-324-1616
[email protected] http://www.LoriStanjevich.SupremeLending.com
Micole Sudduth, Senior Mortgage Banker, NMLS 69097
BankSouth Mortgage ~ 770-374-1874
[email protected] www.banksouthmortgage.com/msudduth
Deanna Turner, Loan Consultant, NMLS 399944
Loan Depot – 404-964-3683
[email protected] https://www.loanDepot.com/deturner
Derrick Williams, Mortgage Loan Originator, NMLS 1763331
HomeStar – 404-642-9446 [email protected]
If you have concerns about inquiries on your credit report, please let me know so that we can discuss. I will go over how the process works with you so that you will be put at ease. And, pulling it is necessary for us to know what you can be approved for.
If you are considering new construction, please be sure to let me know so that we can discuss your options. Generally speaking, builders usually have their own Preferred Lenders. And, most times, in order to get the incentives they offer (i.e. Seller paid closing costs, etc.) you may have to work with their lender.
If for some reason you do not qualify, all is not lost. We have a couple of options:
- Work with the Lender to get your score up. They can usually give you an estimate of when you should be able to buy, provided you follow their instructions exactly.
- Rent/Lease-to-Own Option – This is not a lease purchase. It is a lease with an option to buy. You actually find a house to purchase. An investor purchases it for you. You lease from the investor for up to 3 years, and then purchase the property, or cancel your lease and move for a low fee. If this is an option you may be interested in, please ask for more information.
- Minimum of a 580 credit score (middle)
- Minimum $3,600-month gross household income
- Savings of two months worth of desired lease payment, with a minimum of $2,500. Funds can be gifted!!
- For all the details, just ask!
STEP TWO: Buyer’s Consultation
Once you’re pre-approved (and occasionally before), we will schedule a Buyer’s Consultation in one of my offices. To make it as convenient for you as possible, we can meet in Buckhead, Decatur, Lawrenceville, or Midtown. If you happen to be looking outside of these areas, we will schedule your consultation in the area of your home search.
The key components of your Buyer’s Consultation will be:
- to go over the Buyer Brokerage Agreement.
- to review or develop your two lists that determine your MUST HAVES (Deal Breakers) and your WOULD LIKES (would like to have, but not a deal breaker) for your new home. Examples would be MUST HAVE 4 bedrooms, anything less would be a deal breaker. Or, WOULD LIKE 4 bedrooms, but really only need 3. Note the difference. These lists will help me to find just the right home for you and will be used as a reference point when needed during your search.
- to explain how I work and determine if we will be a good fit for one another. I am a server by nature and I pride myself on giving EXCEPTIONAL customer service. My primary goal is to find just what you’re looking for in a home and make it as positive and stress-free as possible. If I am unable to do this, I will bow out gracefully and wish you all the best.
STEP THREE: Officially Begin Your Home Search
Congratulations, it’s now time to begin your home search!
Thank you so much for the opportunity to serve you.
Serving with Passion,